Fundamental Meditation – Guide to Starting Meditation
If you are a beginner in meditation, there are some things to consider who will make more successful meditation.
1. Don’t meditate with a full stomach. Before meditating, the best was leaving a gap 2-3 hours before meditating. If you try to meditate after eating heavy food, you will feel lethargic because your body digests food. This makes meditation more difficult. At the same time, if you meditate when you are very hungry, you will most likely find yourself thinking of food in your meditation.
2. Don’t meditate while under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Meditation involves bringing into the peace of our system and a calm mind. Certain drugs that make our nerves nervous will make our duties more difficult.
3. Meditate with back straight. When meditating, it is important to keep the spine straight. This is because in meditation there is a smooth stream of spiritual energy from the base of the spine to the head crown. Back straight makes this energy flow more naturally. It doesn’t matter whether you meditate in a chair or on the floor. The most important thing is to make the body comfortable so it doesn’t distract you during meditation. But it is not recommended to meditate while lying down. This is because you might easily enter the world of sleep which is contrary to the ideals of meditation.
4. Wear clean clothes. Before meditation was very helpful for bathing and wearing, cleaning and lightweight. Wash and change clothes help you away from work awareness and enter into a different frame of mind for meditation.
5. Set aside the corner of your room for meditation. If you can order a small corner of your room for meditation, it will help build meditative vibrations. After a few weeks you will begin to see the difference. When you are very advanced, you will be able to meditate anywhere. But as a beginner you will be sensitive to the vibration of the room or building. It can also help decorate this temple or part of your room with objects that inspire you. You can choose flowers and candles and Spiritual master images if you have it. Some people may feel these objects are not necessary but they can provide inspiration for meditation. Sri Chinmoy said:
“Physical flowers in your temple will remind you of the inside flower. The fire from the candle will not automatically give you aspiration, but when you see an outer fire soon you feel that your aspiration is also high climbing, higher, highest.” Object- This object will also be useful for certain meditation exercises.
6. Regularity and timeliness. To become the most effective meditation must be done an integral part of your daily life. If you meditate at sporadic intervals, it will be difficult to make progress. Regularity in meditation allows you to build a daily routine that makes your meditation stronger. If you meditate at the same time every day, your inner spontaneously will be ready to meditate, meditation will be easier.
7. Open eyes. Some people prefer to meditate with close eyes, but if you find that you keep floating into the world of bed meditating with the eyes of half open. This makes you both in the physical world but not entirely. This type of meditation is known as “lion meditation”
“Even when you go deep inside, you focus your consciousness in the physical field and in the subconscious field.” – Sri Chinmoy.
This allows you to avoid interference from the outside world and the possibility of sleep. To join the seven initial steps it allows you to make the best preparation for real meditation where we calm the mind and dive deep inside.